Two easy quick spinach ricotta recipes
Spinach and ricotta recipes. An absolutely fantastic combination and loved by many in the UK. Popular in filled pasta or ravioli, but did you know that there are many other amazing dishes using this drooling combo. Recipes that anyone can make at home, with ease and simplicity.
Spinach may appear to be a little faffy to cook with, but I am going to share with you an amazing tip that helps you wilt in 30 seconds. I joke not. Here it is.
To wilt the spinach under 30 seconds, place it in a colander in the sink. Pour hot boiling water on top. Push it down with a fork until it is wilted.
It’s as easy as that. If you wish to see a cooking tip video, here it is.
Today, I am bringing you, not only one recipe, but two to bring you an injection of daily inspiration. Sometimes, it can be difficult when you’re tired, to think of new dishes to cook but I hope to be of some help today.
These two spinach and ricotta recipes are so EASY!. I can’t tell you how quick too. Sometimes the best recipes are the most simple and these are a great example of how cooking doesn’t have to be stressful. If anything, sexy, healthy, delicious cooking can be fun, plus bring a smile to your face.
Happy cooking my bambinos!
Spinach and ricotta two ways
250g ricotta cheese
50g parmiggiano reggiano cheese
Fresh black pepper
- Spinach, ricotta, lemon pasta
2 tbsp pine nuts
- ‘Malfatti’ – spinach and ricotta balls with tomato sauce
2 tbsp breadcrumbs
A pinch of grated nutmeg
2 tbsp of plain flour
400g of home made tomato sauce
If you wish to watch the recipe video for the dishes below, head here. Don’t forget to subscribe while you’re there.
Basic spinach and ricotta mix
- First, wilt the spinach. Squeeze out as much excess water as possible. Place in a bowl
- Next, mix together with ricotta and parmesan. Season with salt and black pepper.
Spinach ricotta lemon pasta
- Get a pan of salted water on the boil and cook your pasta as instructed on the packet.
- Collect a little pasta water.
- In the meantime, grate the zest of a lemon and add the pine nuts in to the mixture.
- When the pasta has cooked, drain it and add it to the spinach mixture. Add a couple of tablespoons of pasta water to help loosen it up. Stir everything together until the pasta is coated. Serve immediately with more Parmiggiano Reggiano.
‘Malfatti’ – Spinach and ricotta dumplings
- Add the breadcrumbs, eggs and nutmeg to the ricotta mix.
- Combine all the ingredients together.
- With your hands, carefully create balls, the size of a walnut.
- Spread the flour on a plate and roll them carefully in the flour.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to a boil.
- Carefully drop the spinach and ricotta balls in the water. Cook for 3-5 minutes. When they come up to the surface., they are cooked.
- In the meantime, heat the tomato sauce up. When hot, place sauce on the bottom of your plates.
- When the ‘malfatti’ are cooked, carefully lift them out of the water with a slotted spoon and place on top of the tomato sauce. Serve immediately.