Tuscan vegetable beef soup
‘Please tell me, we’re not having soup again this week’ said the boy. ‘I need some proper food; I need some meat’. He’s a cheeky so and so, considering he’s getting another cooked meal AGAIN! Anyway, for the final recipe in my ‘winter warmer soup’ week, I was having to not only cook for one man but three (including my Pops and brother), so I decided a soup with meat in it was not such a bad idea. I came across this Tuscan vegetable beef soup which ticks all the boxes for a good ‘man’ soup. It’s hearty, warming, and meaty. To avoid any post-dinner moaning of hunger, I served this dish with mountains of bread to give the guys their carb fix.
Ingredients (4 people, 4 bowls)
150g guanciale/pancetta, diced
3 onions, finely chopped
200g beef, diced
5-6 artichokes, sliced, in water
120g frozen peas
120g broad beans
150g asparagus, chopped
800ml beef stock
Parmesan, to serve
- Fry the guanciale/pancetta in the olive oil for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion, and soften for 15 minutes.
- When the onions are softened, add the beef and brown the meat for a few minutes
- Add all the vegetables and give it a good stir. Cook the vegetables for a few minutes with the beef and onion.
- Finally, pour in the beef stock, season with salt & pepper, bring to the boil, cover pan with lid and simmer for at least for 30 minutes.
- Pour soup into bowls and serve with toasted bread and sprinkles of parmesan.
Ribollita - Tuscan bean soup - The Tiny Italian
[…] blog for you to have a peruse; Vegetable minestrone with pesto, Italian fish seafood soup and Tuscan vegetable beef soup. However, I have another fabulous new recipe to share […]