[ingredients title=”Ingredients – 2 people”]
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Pinch of dry rosemary
- 270g cherry tomatoes
- 75ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp capers
- 80g pitted green olives, chopped
- Pinch of dry oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt & pepper
- 2 fillets of fresh tuna
- Drizzle some olive oil in a pan, add the red onion and cook slowly till softened.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and chilli flakes. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook for 1 minute
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Pour in the red wine vinegar and cook until nearly evaporated
- Add the capers, olives, oregano and sugar.
- Stir with a wooden spoon and cook for 5-10 minutes
- In the meantime, lightly coat the tuna steaks with olive oil. Pan fry the tuna on a griddle/frying pan for a couple of minutes each side.
- When tuna is cooked, serve on a plate with the stemperata sauce on top.