There should be no messin’ with this recipe and if you time it all correctly it can be prepped, cooked and eaten within 20 minutes (well that depends on how fast you eat i guess!!)
250g pancetta, diced
30g grated pecorino/parmesan
- Boil water in a saucepan for the pasta, season with salt and start cooking the pasta, as instructed on the packet.
- ‘Tiny Italian Hint: Always cook pasta a minute less than instructed to get a great ‘al dente’ bite to it’
- In a pan, fry the chopped pancetta and cook on a medium heat until the meat has rendered. You will start to get this insane aroma. I love the smell of cooked pancetta!
- Then beat the eggs, add two thirds of the cheese and lots of grated black pepper. Add a couple of tablespoons of pasta water to loosen up the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pancetta. Take the pan off the heat and pour in the egg mix. Combine all the ingredients as quickly as possible. You want the pasta to be coated in a silky sauce rather than scrambled egg. Add more pasta water if necessary.
- Serve immediately with more grated cheese and black pepper.