My tiny Italian friend, Valentina was over this weekend. She is currently living with a family in Cambridge who, unfortunately for Valy, don’t have the best culinary skills. So, when she came over on Friday, she specifically asked for a huge plate of pasta for dinner. So, I compiled a dish that would bring her memories from Salento. Ingredients: 2-3 people (depending on how piggy you feel) 300g Linguine 1 garlic clove, finely chopped 1 courgette, medium size, sliced 6-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered 200g Raw king prawns 200g Salmon Small glass of white wine Chilli Flakes. Salt & Pepper Handful of fresh Parsley [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6MtgfBF43Q[/embedyt]
- In a large saucepan, boil some water for the pasta and add spaghetti when ready
- In the meantime, drizzle some olive oil and chopped garlic in a large frying pan. Fry the garlic, until softened and add the courgette to fry down and sprinkle a few chilli flakes.
- Add the prawns and salmon to the frying pan and add a glass of white wine. Cook together until wine has evaporated. You will start to get this insane aroma.
- Finally add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 10 mins until they have also softened.
- Then take off the heat, add fresh chopped parsley.
- The spaghetti should be cooked by this point, so add to the pan with the other ingredients and give it a good mix
- Serve up on plate, and add more fresh parsley if you like. That’s it!
The Ultimate Italian Self Care Shopping Guide
This guide includes all of the essentials you need to cook yourself easy, feel-good and healthy Italian-inspired meals….