My tiny Italian friend, Valentina was over this weekend. She is currently living with a family in Cambridge who, unfortunately for Valy, don’t have the best culinary skills. So, when she came over on Friday, she specifically asked for a huge plate of pasta for dinner. So, I compiled a dish that would bring her memories from Salento.
Ingredients: 2-3 people (depending on how piggy you feel)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 courgette, medium size, sliced
6-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
200g Raw king prawns
Small glass of white wine
Salt & Pepper
Handful of fresh Parsley
- In a large saucepan, boil some water for the pasta and add spaghetti when ready
- In the meantime, drizzle some olive oil and chopped garlic in a large frying pan. Fry the garlic, until softened and add the courgette to fry down and sprinkle a few chilli flakes.
- Add the prawns and salmon to the frying pan and add a glass of white wine. Cook together until wine has evaporated. You will start to get this insane aroma.
- Finally add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 10 mins until they have also softened.
- Then take off the heat, add fresh chopped parsley.
- The spaghetti should be cooked by this point, so add to the pan with the other ingredients and give it a good mix
- Serve up on plate, and add more fresh parsley if you like. That’s it!