Seafood (Frutti di mare) Risotto-Easy
I even remember as a child loving seafood and on my family holidays to Salento, I would always impress family member with the amount of calamari or mussels I could eat in one seating. Sometimes I would even go head to head with some of them and we would see who could eat the most. To be fair, with the amount I have consumed over the last 32 years, I am lucky I have never had a dodgy mussel (touch wood).
Seafood Risotto, is by far one of my fave dishes of all time and to be honest it’s easier to russle up than it looks.
Ingredients 2-3 people
300g Arborio Rice
250g Fresh Tiger Prawns
500g Clams, cleaned with shells. (250g without)
1 clove of garlic
8 Cherry tomatoes, Halved
Parsley, handful and chopped
White wine, half a glass
Fish Stock, 1litre
- In a deep frying pan, drizzle olive oil and add the chopped garlic, shallots and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.
- Then add the prawns, scallops, clams, parlsey and tomatoes into the pan.
- Add the half glass of white wine. Cover pan with lid. The steam will then cook the seafood
- When the seafood looks cook and the clams have opened up, add the rice and then start adding the stock. Stir the rice at all times and keep on adding stock when it has been absorbed until the rice has been cooked.
- When the rice is cooked, plate up and sprinkle some chopped parley with a slice of lemon.