‘This is my favourite dish’ says the boy I like, while he finishes his second plate of pasta. This sausage ragu is a great boy pasta dish or those who love a traditionally meaty sauce. If you want to try & impress someone & not slave over the kitchen stove for hours, this is the one! Ingredients (serves 3-4) 500g Mafaldine or Tagliatelle or Fettuccine Pasta 750ml Passata 500g Sausage meat 125g Pancetta, cubed 1 onion 1 garlic clove 1 glass of red wine 200ml double cream or panna (Italian cooking cream) 200g Parmesan, grated Chilli Flakes Mix Italian herbs Olive oil Salt & Pepper
- Fry the garlic & onion in the olive oil
- Add the chilli flakes & mixed herbs. Stir
- Add the Sausage meat & pancetta; brown.
- Pour in the wine, raise the heat & cook until evaporated
- Add the Passata, season with salt & pepper, lower the heat
- Cover and cook for at least 30-40 mins.
- 5 minutes before finishing cooking, add the cream & Parmesan.
- Cook the pasta, drain & stir into the sauce.
The Ultimate Italian Self Care Shopping Guide
This guide includes all of the essentials you need to cook yourself easy, feel-good and healthy Italian-inspired meals….