Tonight’s dinner is this really simple but flavoursome soup from Piemonte, which is called originally Wedding soup. No idea why though; that’s gone right over my head.
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
200g Spinach, chopped
700ml Beef stock
1 large egg
50g Parmesan, grated
Salt & Pepper
- Melt & heat the olive oil & butter in a pan; then add the garlic, parsley, sage & celery & cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the spinach & cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the beef stock & boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice & cook.
- 10 minutes before cooking time, pour in the milk. Then continue until the rice is cooked. Season with Salt & Pepper
- Whisk together the egg, a bit more parsley and Parmesan.
- When the rice is cooked, take the pan off the heat and pour in the egg mixture. Stir in rapidly while hot to combine all the ingredients.
- Serve up