WELCOME!! To the CROSTINI + COCKTAIL PARTY. Throughout December I will be sharing my favourite Italian inspired crostini toppings for the perfect bite, accompanied with a complimentary cocktail.
I have worked with my fabulous Italian mixologist friend Angelo, in Puglia, to come up with this amazing menu.
This year the festive celebrations will have to be slightly downplayed. However, it’s important to keep that festive party vibe alive, even though for many of us it may not be what we would ideally like. However it’s important to keep those good times rolling with our own delicious fun at home.
These crostini and cocktails will definitely lift up your spirits.
Below you will find an easy and simple recipe for a Here is delicious prosciutto and parmesan crostini topping with chopped cherry tomatoes and basil. Plus the gorgeous ‘ROSSODISERA‘ – an Italian inspired cocktail with Campari, sambuca and orange + lime juice. Both these recipes use popular Italian ingredients that pack a punch.
Enjoy my bambinos!
PROSCIUTTO PARMESAN CROSTINI – INGREDIENTS
- SOURDOUGH BREAD
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 25G PARMIGIANO REGGIANO, GRATED
- 4 SLICES OF PARMA HAM
- 4 CHERRY TOMATOES
- 2 FRESH BASIL LEAVES
- SEA SALT
- BLACK PEPPER
- PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 200C
- PLACE THE BREAD SLICES ON A BAKING TRAY. BRUSH IT WITH OLIVE OIL ON BOTH SIDES.
- BAKE IN THE OVEN FOR 5-8 UNTIL IT HAS LIGHTLY TOASTED.
- REMOVE FROM THE OVEN. SPRINKLE THE PARMIGIANO ON TOP UNTIL WELL COATED.
- PLACE BACK IN THE OVEN FOR ANOTHER 5 MINUTES UNTIL THE CHEESE HAS MELTED.
- IN THE MEANTIME, SLICE THE TOMATOES. PLACE THEM IN A BOWL. ROUGHLY CHOP THE BASIL. ADD TO THE TOMATOES. SEASON WITH SALT AND PEPPER. DRIZZLE WITH 1/2 TBSP OLIVE OIL. MIX TOGETHER.
- REMOVE THE CHEESY BREAD FROM THE OVEN. PLACE A COUPLE OF PARMA HAM SLICES ON TOP OF EACH SLICE. TOP WITH THE TOMATO AND BASIL DRESSING.
ROSSODISERA COCKTAIL WITH CAMPARI + SAMBUCA
- 10ML SAMBUCA
- 30ML CAMPARI
- 30MLFRESH ORANGE JUICE
- 10ML FRESH LIME JUICE
- LEMON PEEL
- FRESH BASIL
- FRESH THYME SPRIG
- FRESH ROSEMARY SPRIG
- CHILLED TUMBLER GLASS
- CHILLED TUMBLER GLASS
- COCKTAIL SPOON
- ADD A PINCH OF BASIL, THYME AND ROSEMARY INTO YOUR CHILLED MIXING GLASS.
- THEN POUR IN THE MIXING GLASS:
- FRESH ORANGE JUICE
- FRESH LIME JUICE
- ADD ICE UNTIL IT SITS ABOVE THE LIQUID AND GIVE IT A GOOD STIR.
- NOW, FILL YOUR CHILLED TUMBLER WITH ICE. NEXT, WITH A STRAINER, POUR YOUR MIXTURE INTO THE TUMBLER.
- RUM THE TOP OF THE GLASS WITH THE LEMON PEEL AND ADD TO GLASS. WRAP THE THYME AND ROSEMARY SPRING ROUND A BASIL LEAF TO CREATE A BOUQUET. ADD TO DRINK