The British summer appears to have officially arrived. It’s my favourite season. All I want to do is spend my days sitting in the sun, absorb some vitamin D, attend as many BBQs as possible and enjoy life to the max with my friends. So, when I’m on my commute back from work the last thing I want to do is cook my dinner in a hot kitchen. Even though cooking is my biggest passion, quick and simple dinners are ideal in this summer heat. This recipe for pan fried sea bass served with spinach and tomatoes is perfect for those type of evenings. It’s all you would want. It requires minimal effort and only includes a handful of ingredients. Plus, this dish is mega healthy, so it’s perfect if you‘re working on that beach body as it’s full goodness and high protein.
[ingredients title=”Ingredients for 2 people”]
- 300g spinach, washed
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 fillets of sea bass
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- First, prepare the spinach and tomato base. First, blanch the spinach in boiling salted water for 2 minutes
- Drain spinach and put in a bowl of iced or very cold water to stop it from cooking. Then finely chop it up. Squeeze out the excess water.
- Fry the garlic and chilli flakes in a drizzle of olive oil for 3 minutes on a medium heat. Try not to let it brown
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the spinach, mix all ingredients together. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Moving on to the fish, drizzle a little olive oil into a frying pan. Season the fish and place skin facing down on a low-medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes till skin browns. Then turn over, squeeze over with lemon juice and cook for a further 2 minutes. Fish should be cooked through but still moist.
- Serve Pan fried sea bass on top of the spinach and tomato mix. Voila! Super easy and super quick.