Over the last few months there have been numerous special Italian issues offered by our national food magazines – Jamie’s, Delicious and Olive. Now this has had me crazy/excited as it’s given me new material to read especially as they have featured some of my favourite Italian chefs and cooks i.e. Giorgio Locatelli, Ursula Ferrigno, Emiko Davies and Claudia Roden to name a few. These gorgeous issues have also had a large number of recipes to not only dribble over but have given me some great inspiration. Here is one of those recipes – Pan fried chicken with roasted peppers.
- 2 large potatoes, diced for roasting
- Dry rosemary
- Olive oil
- 3-4 chicken thighs
- Wild dry fennel or fennels seeds
- Chilli flakes
- 200g roasted peppers in oil, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pine nuts
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Place diced potato on a baking tray; drizzle over with olive oil and sprinkle on top rosemary and salt. Roast in oven for 30 minutes. Ensure you rustle them up half way through the cooking time.
- Coat chicken lightly with fennel seeds and chilli flakes. Pan fry in a drizzle of olive oil, until chicken has cooked through.
- Toast pine nuts dry in a frying pan until slightly browned.
- Fry garlic in a drizzle of olive oil, add the balsamic vinegar, sugar and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes on a low heat.
- Add the the roasted peppers to the garlic/balsamic vinegar and heat through.
- Add the pine nuts and parsley to peppers.
- Serve the chicken with the potatoes and roasted peppers.