WELCOME!! To the CROSTINI + COCKTAIL PARTY. Throughout December I will be sharing my favourite Italian inspired crostini toppings for the perfect bite, accompanied with a complimentary cocktail.
I have worked with my fabulous Italian mixologist friend Angelo, in Puglia, to come up with this amazing menu.
This year the festive celebrations will have to be slightly downplayed. However, it’s important to keep that festive party vibe alive, even though for many of us it may not be what we would ideally like. However it’s important to keep those good times rolling with our own delicious fun at home.
These crostini and cocktails will definitely lift up your spirits.
Here is a simple but delicious mozzarella crostini topped with red chilli and black olives served on grapefruit dressed rocket. Plus learn to make the ‘PAOLETTA‘ an Italian inspired cocktail with limoncello, Prosecco and grapefruit juice. Named after me, Angelo says, Paoletta is based on a British classic cocktail, a gin collins, but given an Italian touch. I love it!.
Enjoy my bambinos!
MOZZARELLA CROSTINI – INGREDIENTS
- 200G BURRATA/MOZZARELLA
- 1 FRESH RED CHILLI
- 25G BLACK PITTED OLIVES
- HANDFUL OF WILD ROCKET
- 1 TBSP OF GRAPEFRUIT JUICE
- TOASTED SOURDOUGH BREAD/CIABATTA/FRENCH STICK
- EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- SEA SALT
- BLACK PEPPER
- COMBINE THE GRAPEFRUIT JUICE WITH 2 TBSP OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL. SEASON WITH SALT AND PEPPER.
- POUR THE DRESSING OVER THE ROCKET LEAVES.
- FINELY CHOP THE CHILLI AND THE BLACK OLIVES. PLACE THEM BOTH IN A BOWL AND ADD 2 TBSP OF EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL. SEASON WITH SALT.
- SLICE THE BURRATA OR MOZZARELLA.
- PLACE THE DRESSED ROCKET LEAVES ON THE TOASTED BREAD.
- FOLLOWED BY THE BURRATA. DRESS WITH THE CHILLI/OLIVE DRESSING.
PAOLETTA COCKTAIL WITH LIMONCELLO + PROSECCO
- 20ML GRAPEFRUIT JUICE
- 15ML SUGAR SYRUP
- 15ML LIMONCELLO
- 30ML LONDON DRY GIN
- FRESH THYME
- GRAPEFRUIT PEEL
- CHILLED HIGH BALL GLASS
FILL A A CHILLED GLASS WITH ICE. POUR IN THE:
STIR ONCE WITH A TEASPOON
TOP IT UP WITH PROSECCO
RUB THE RIM OF THE GLASS AND FINISH WITH A STRIP OF GRAPEFRUIT PEEL. FINISH BY ADDING THE GRAPEFRUIT PEEL AND A SPRIG OF THYME.