Over the last 6 weeks I have thoroughly enjoyed many a summer menu in various locations around the world & UK. Maybe at times, over indulged. With lack of gym action, let’s just say I possibly have allowed my Italian mamma gene to surface. So back in the kitchen tonight, I was adamant that I needed to cook & eat something healthy. Craving the flavours of the med & earthy vegetables I came up with this fish concoction.
300g haddock loin
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
200g Swiss chard
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
50g pitted green olives
1 tbs capers
- First prep the Swiss chard. Wash the leaves & cut the stalks away from the leaves.
- Cook the leaves in salted boiling water for 2 minutes.
- In a wide saucepan, drizzle olive oil, season the haddock, chop in large chunks, add to the pan and pan fry for 5-10 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the Swiss chard to the pan with the garlic & cherry tomatoes, season and cook together for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Then add back the cooked haddock with the olives & capers. Mix all the ingredients together. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve up in bowls. Lush served with crusty bread if you feel need some carbs in your life.