It’s come to the end of sausage week. To end my homage to the Italian banger, I decided to cook up a super easy dish, while ensuring not to skimp on flavours of course. Luganega sausage, is a long and thin and usually sold as a coil. It’s a mild flavoured sausage which compliments so many Italian recipes. Perfect for barbeques, roasting, frying and ragus. However, it’s not common to find it in your local supermarket but your local Italian deli will stock it for sure. In London, I buy mine at Lina stores, Berwick street, Soho. [ingredients title=”Ingredients”]
- 400-500g luganega sausage
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 300ml red wine
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- In a wide frying pan, fry/soften the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Place the sausage on top of the onion and brown on each side for approximately 5 minutes.
- Then pour the wine over the sausage and add the rosemary. Let that cook for a few minutes before covering the pan. Cook for 15 minutes. The wine will reduce and form gorgeous thick sauce with the onions.
- Serve with roasted potato and broccoli.
The Ultimate Italian Self Care Shopping Guide
This guide includes all of the essentials you need to cook yourself easy, feel-good and healthy Italian-inspired meals….