Linguine with cured sausage, clams, garlic, chilli & parsley.
I thought I was going to die with hunger, one late Sunday night because i did not think I had anything decent to eat.
However, I found this jar of clams (from my dads deceased deli), some cured sausage (that Valentina brought me from Salento, a little like spanish chorizo) and with some chilli flakes, some chopped garlic and a sprinkle of parsley i rustled up this dish in 10 mins. FACT!
Ingredients for 1 person
125g pasta ( Linguine is good long flat pasta for this dish)
A jar of clams in brine (you only need a couple of tablespoons for this dish)
50 grams of chopped cured sausage (i.e. chorizo)
1 clove of garlic
A pinch of chilli flakes (depends on how hot you like it, i guess)
Mini handful of chopped parsley (dry parsley is just as good
Salt & Ground black pepper
- Boil water, add salt and start cooking the pasta
- In a frying pan, add the olive oil and chopped garlic. Add all the other ingredients (apart from the black pepper and save some parsley) and just quick fry and mix together with a wooden spoon.
- When the pasta is ‘al dente’, drain the water and add pasta into the frying pan
- Mix everything together and ensure that the pasta is well coated with all ingredients.
- Add some black pepper and parsley. You have a mini posh pasta meal in 10 mins.