On my mission, on tour of researching recipes from all the Italian regions. Have moved further south into Liguria. The home of the best Basil apparently in the world. Fact…I think. This is where Basil pesto came from. I love this stuff, nothing like making your own pesto. I hate when peeps compare it to that Sacla shit. Reminisce back to uni days?? STOP!! I rage about it ha. Here I serve it on the side of my take on a Ligurian fish stew
260g Mix Fish, cubed
200g mixed seafood
5 large plum tomatoes, peeled & chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 celery stick, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
Mixed Italian herbs
200ml white wine
500ml chicken stock
Salt & Pepper
100g Fresh Basil
50g pine nuts, toasted
1 garlic clove
50g Parmesan, grated
50ml Olive oil
- Heat Olive oil in a large pan. Fry the vegetables & herbs for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the wine & cook until evaporated.
- Then add the tomatoes, chilli flakes, season & pour in the stock; cook & stir everything together with a wooden spoon for 20 minutes.
- Then add the fish & seafood, turn the heat down & cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- To make the pesto, blitz all th
- Serve with pesto on ciabatta!