Italian butternut squash leek sausage pie
It’s been Italian pie week and coincidentally, my work colleagues and myself were cooking food to sell at the office to raise money for ‘Cook for Syria‘. So I decided to cook a pie for my colleagues, while at the same time raising money for a great cause. Here is the recipe for this delicious Butternut squash, leek and sausage pie. It lasted five minutes on the plate. You can say it was definitely a success.
Ingredients (4-6 people)
400g shortcrust pastry (pre-rolled)
600g butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks.
Salt & Pepper
1 tsp dry marjoram
1 tsp dry sage
1 leek, thinly sliced
300g Italian sausagemeat
100ml double cream
4 tbsp Parmesan, grated
Salt & Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 165c
- Spread the butternut squash on a baking tray. Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle the marjoram, sage and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until softened.
- In a pan, fry the sliced leeks into olive oil; cook until soften and ensure they do not brown.
- Then add the sausage meat and cook with the leeks until it is cook through. Take off the heat and allow to cool down.
- To make the cheesy sauce, mix the egg, parmesan and double cream, season with salt and pepper. Whisk ingredients well together.
- Roll out the short crust pastry and line a buttered pie tin.
- Arrange the butternut squash and sausage meat in the pie tin and pour the cheesy cream evenly on top.
- Bake in the oven at 180c for 30-40 minutes until golden brown
great meal to have with coffee or tea in the office.
The Tiny Italiandannie
Fab!! So glad you enjoyed