There are not many things that I don’t eat, but when I was younger it was a different story. I used to be freakishly picky and coming from a Latino/Italian background that was just a hindrance to my poor folks. Especially with my dads deli; so many years I missed on just devouring everything he used to sell. Luckily that all changed in my late teens and it was not unto I had to work my gap year at the deli that I started to really appreciate food. You can say I was a late developer (when it came to taste). The thought of eating fish and olives 20 years ago would have made me gag, how thinges have changed.
250g Cod Fillet, chopped
3 unsalted Anchovies
400g New Potatoes,
1 garlic clove
1 glass of white wine
Parsley, handful, chopped
3 large tbsp Black olives
2 tbsp Pine nuts
Salt & Pepper
- Firstly, add the potatoes to a pan and cover with salted water. Cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Remove from the pan, peel and chop.
- Then in a pan, drizzle olive oil and add the anchovies and garlic. Cook on a medium to low heat until the anchovies have melted.
- Add the cod and cook for ten minutes.
- Then add the white wine, turn the heat up slightly and cook until it has evaporated.
- Finally, add the remaining ingredients; potatoes, parsley, olives, pine nuts and sprinkle of chilli flakes. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Serve up!