On my recent trip to NY I started my love affair with polenta and wanted to come up with dishes back here that would allow me to continue that….. Here is one I came up with earlier…
2 garlic cloves
1 Red pepper
2 tbsp Capers
1tin Chopped tomatoes
White wine vinegar
1 tsp Sage
750 ml Milk
- Fry the garlic & onion in olive oil in a wide saucepan on a medium heat
- As soon as that is slightly brown, add the chicken, season & add the sage & thyme. Also add a couple of tablespoons of the white wine vinegar.
- Cook the chicken for approx 10-15 mins. As soon as the chicken is brown, remove from the pan.
- Add the chopped aubergine, courgette & pepper and cook the vegetables until they have browned; add the olives, capers & chopped tomatoes; Stir.
- Add the chicken back to the pan, and cook for another 15 minutes.
In the meantime, cook the polenta.
- Add polenta to boiling milk and stir with a wooden spoon continuously for as long as the packet says. Pre-cooked polenta is just as good as normal polenta & can be ready as fast as 10 minutes. Add Parmesan and season with lots of black pepper.
- Serve the chicken stew with the polenta.