Cannellini bean tomato stew
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 220g cherry tomato, halved
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 x 400g cannellini beans
- A few leaves of fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Plain flour
- 2 cod loins
[directions title=”Directions – 2 people”]
- Drizzle olive oil into a pan and add the shallots. Fry on a medium heat for 5-7 minutes until they have softened.
- Add the garlic – cook for 1 minute.
- Then add the cherry tomatoes and capers – cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and cannellini beans. Give all the ingredients a good stir. Cover pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, season the cod with salt and pepper. Lightly dust the fish in plain flour. Place the fish in a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook for about 2/3 minutes on each side until fish is cooked.
- When the bean stew has finished cooking, season and stir in the basil.
- Serve pan fried cod with the cannellini tomato stew. Yum