Poached eggs with artichokes and peas.
I love brunch. Its one of my favourite meals especially on the weekend when I have the luxury of time. It’s one of those meals that I like to eat out but sometimes when I’m not feeling lazy I love to rustle something up at home. I love to create Puglian inspired rustic dishes to honour the fatherland. This dish of Poached eggs with artichokes and peas is absolutely wonderful. The drizzle of white balsamic is a essential and gives a sweetness note that balances beautifully with the artichoke and complements the other ingredients.Crusty sour dough to mop up the juices and you’re on to a winner. Another 15 minute recipe wonder. Enjoy!
Ingredients - 2-3 people
- 3 eggs
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g frozen peas
- 1 tin of artichokes in brine
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar or 1 tsp white wine vinegar.
- Toasted sour dough bread, to serve (optional)
- Place a pan of water to boil.
- In a saute pan, fry the onions in olive oil on a medium/low heat
- When softened, add the peas. Cooke those with the onions for a couple of minutes
- Add the artichokes and drizzle on the white balsamic vinegar. Cover and cook for at least 5 mins.
- In the mean time, the water should be ready to poach the eggs
- Plate the artichoke & peas and serve with the poach eggs and crusty bread.