The next dish up in ‘Winter warmer soup’ week is one for the Pescatarians or for you fish-eating lovers. Choosing a fish soup was not a simple task as there are so many versions across the Italian regions. However, I finally decided on an Italian fish seafood recipe from the region Le Marche. Again, this dish is extremely delicious and very easy to rustle up. For those novice cooks, you will feel like a semi-pro if you serve this dish up for your pals.
Ingredients (4 people, 4 bowls)
1 leek, finely sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 x tin chopped tomatoes
250ml white wine
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1.4l fish/chicken stock
Salt & Pepper
800g mix fish/seafood. I used hake, scallops, king prawns and mussels
- First up, drizzle olive oil in a pan and fry the onion and leek for 15 mins until softened.
- Add chopped garlic, lightly brown
- Add chopped tomatoes, stir, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the wine and vinegar, simmer for 10 minutes
- Now pour in the stock, season with sugar, salt & pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- At this point, add the fish and seafood, adding it in order of cooking time. Add chopped parsley.
- You can also cook some mussels in a separate pan to serve with the soup if you wish.