Love to add a pasta dish to my TTI food weeks, and this week is no exception. When it comes to meatballs or meat dumplings, pork and beef are usually the popular meat of choice. So, I thought it would be fun to cook a recipe where chicken is the key meat. This pasta dish with CHICKEN DUMPLINGS is great dish, giving a different angle to pasta and meatballs.
- 500g Chicken mince
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Handful of basil leaves, chopped
- Grated nutmeg
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 500g Linguine
- 50g parmesan, grated
- Combine and blend the chicken mince, egg, parsley, basil, onion and nutmeg
- Shape into little dumplings
- Fry and brown in olive oil. Ensure the dumplings are cooked through.
- Add the lemon juice and zest. Warm through gently
- Cook the pasta, drain, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Add the pasta to the dumplings, add the pasta water and give it a good stir.
- Serve with grated parmesan and black pepper