Following up from the roast lamb roll, here are a selection of side dishes that complement it perfecting.
Roasted Chilli new potatoes ( 4 people)
- 650g charlotte potatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Olive oil
- Fresh mint, finely chopped
ROASTED CHILLI NEW POTATOES ( 4 PEOPLE)
- Pre heat oven to 220c
- Place the potatoes in the oven dish. Drizzle and coat in olive oil, mint, chilli and salt
- Cook for 40 minutes
Carrots with Taleggio cheese sauce (4 people)
- Olive oil
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 500g Chantenay carrots, halved
- 100g Taleggio cheese, room temperature
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 25g Parmesan, grated
- 50ml Whole milk
- Fresh parsley, handful, finely chopped
CARROTS WITH TALEGGIO CHEESE SAUCE (4 PEOPLE)
- Pre-heat oven at 220c
- Drizzle olive oil into a frying pan. Soften the onion.
- Add the carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Grease an ovenproof dish with olive oil.
- Mash the taleggio in a bowl, then add the egg, Parmesan and milk. Season with salt and pepper and mix well together.
- Place the carrots into the dish and pour over evenly with the taleggio cream.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle fresh parsley on top and serve.
Brussels sprouts with Almonds (for 4 people)
- 400g Brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 30g Salted butter
- 25g Blanched almonds
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Lemon, zest
- 1/2 Lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp, fine breadcrumbs
BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH ALMONDS (FOR 4 PEOPLE)
- Cook the sprouts in boiling salted water for 10 minutes, until tender. Drain
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the almonds, breadcrumbs, garlic and fry for a few minutes. Make sure the breadcrumbs have browned.
- Add the lemon zest, juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon over the brussel sprouts.
Savoy Cabbage with pancetta (4 people)
- 1 large savoy cabbage, cored and roughly chopped
- 100g pancetta, cubed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Dry Thyme
SAVOY CABBAGE WITH PANCETTA (4 PEOPLE)
- Cook the cabbage in salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain
- Fry the pancetta in a frying pan for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
- Then add the onion. Reduce the heat and cook until the onion has softened.
- Add the cabbage and cook for 5-10 minutes
- Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper
- Remove from heat and serve immediately.