It’s the middle of January and its pretty bleak out there. Its cold, grey and miserable. The dream would be to be able to roll up in my duvet and get on with everyday life, haha. So, I needed to bring a little sunshine in my life and this gorgeous pasta dish just does that. Spaghetti with butternut squash and prawns. The sweetness of the squash with the delicate meaty prawns are panfried harmoniously together.
A handful of ingredients and a short cooking time makes this a great option when in need of a quick dinner to brighten up your day.
Butternut squash does require some prep time. However, supermarkets offer an easy alternative, already peeled and sliced. I like to use Sainsbury’s Butternut Squash Slices, and slice them into strips.
COOKING TIME: 25 MINUTES
SPAGHETTI WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH & PRAWNS (2-3 SERVINGS)
- 200g butternut squash, cut into strips
- Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 180g raw king prawns
- 1/2 glass of white wine
- 300g Spaghetti
- Handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
Spaghetti with Butternut squash & prawns (2-3 servings)
- Drizzle olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the garlic on a low heat until it has slightly browned
- Add the butternut squash, turn up to a medium/high heat. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the prawns and pour in the wine. Let the wine evaporate.
- Season with pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water as long as instructed on packet, until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, and tip into the squash and prawn. Toss gently. Serve immediately with chopped parsley.