Spaghetti al Limone
One of the things that I love the most about Italian food is that with just a handful of ingredients you can transform them into a dish that is unforgettably delicious. Its about understanding the balance of flavours, ensure that each ingredient complements each other, and not fighting for your attention on your palate. The end result is a beautiful symphony on your tongue, filling you with emotions of ecstasy from just taking your first mouthful. Sometimes those dishes require minimal technique, all that is required is patience, timing, quality ingredients and huge respect for them.
Spaghetti al Limone is a good example of this type of cooking. In no time at all, the time it takes to cook your pasta, you will have a diamond of dish to eat. I just have one bit of advice for you guys; don’t eat it too quickly. Take your time, relish each mouthful, focus and connect all your senses with your plate of pasta. A food experience you will not forget. BUON APPETITO!
Ingredients - 2 people
- 200d Dry Spaghetti
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh Parsley, chopped
- Cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water and cook until al dente
- In the meantime, mix the lemon juice, olive oil and parmesan. Mix all the ingredients well together until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it, return it to the pan, pour over the lemon and parmesan sauce.
- Add chopped parsley and the lemon zest. Mix all the ingredients together ensuring the pasta is well coated.
- Serve up and enjoy!!