The nights are getting colder and the days are getting shorter. I’m already getting tempted to hibernate under my leopard print blanket until spring next year. However, sometimes I like to take myself back to that summer feeling spent on holiday in Italy, by cooking dishes that remind me of those warmer days in my Peckham kitchen. This recipe of Lemon Chicken – Amalfi style, is not only full of citrusy fresh flavours, but it is a lot easier to rustle up than it looks. Five easy steps to bring summer back to your home for one night.
Ingredients - 3-4 people
- 6 boned chicken thighs
- Salt and Pepper
- Plain flour
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- A glass of white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 70ml water
- 15g butter
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper
- Dust them in flour. – I love to put plain flour and chicken in a plastic food bag and give it a good shake.
- Drizzle olive oil in a deep frying pan and brown the chicken skin side down first then turn over and brown again.
- Add the garlic and rosemary – cook for a few minutes
- Pour in the wine, turn the heat up slightly and allow for it to evaporate.
- Then pour in the water, lemon juice and butter and cook until the chicken has cooked through.
- You’ll be left with a lemony saucy glaze. Serve with chicken. I like to eat this with a plate of veg.