Sometimes there are those days in life when you just want a plate of healthy goodness for your dinner. This was actually inspired by an Ottolenghi instagram picture that came up recently so I thought i would create my own tiny Italian version. My friend Rob, had been partying hard at Fashion week so came over for a detox evening so I rustled this up for him with all my heart. We then continued to spend the evening watching the trashiest TV on ITVbe. Life was complete ha.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
2 fennel, chopped
2 red peppers, chopped
6 large plum tomatoes, chopped
1 glass of white wine
Salt & Black Pepper
- Pre-heat the oven at 220c.
- Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil for 5 minutes on a medium heat in a saucepan.
- Then add the fennel, cook for 5 minutes; then add the pepper.
- Add the white wine, increase the heat slightly and allow for it to evaportae
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, season with salt, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add mixture to an oven proof dish.
- Mix the lemon zest, black pepper, parmesan to the breadcrumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes
- Serve it up with chicken or fish or on its own with some rice. Lush bags.