This week, I decided that chicken will be at the centre of my food universe. Sometimes overlooked by other meat options, I wanted to cook recipes which give this clucky meat, a new edge. Here is a recipe inspired by Piedmontese cooking. These chicken ricotta croquettes are great as a finger food option or served with a lovely crisp salad for a light dinner.
Ingredients - 4 people
- 300g cooked chicken breast, (poached or roasted) finely chopped
- 200g Ricotta
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 6 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Plain flour, if necessary
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sunflower oil
- Salt & Pepper
- In a bowl, add the chicken, ricotta, parsley, sage, onion, lemon juice and zest.
- Combine and blend all the ingredients together. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (if the mixture is too soft, add a little plain flour)
- Shape the chicken mixture into croquettes, dip into egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan. Fry the croquettes until golden,
- Enjoy peeps!