Recently I’ve been trying to get myself sorted for a Christmas trip to LA, so have been opting for more healthy dishes, but it’s so hard when it’s the middle of the Christmas season with cake and pork pies shoved in my face constantly. Obviously, I love my pasta so I’ve been looking for lighter recipes to cook then came across this and it went down a treat. It’s a Broccoli pasta sauce, where the vegetable is the main player in this dish. Adding large amounts of veg in pasta sauces maybe my new fave thang!
Ingredients (3-4 people)
300g Broccoli florets
150g pancetta, cubed
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 x tin chopped tomatoes
Handful of chopped parsley
Salt & pepper
- Wash and prep the broccoli; cook in boiling salted water for 5 mins. Ensure it still has a slight bite. Reserve the cooking water
- Fry the garlic in olive oil & chopped parsley on a low heat.
- Add the pancetta and pan fry for a couple of minutes
- Then add the chopped tomatoes, pine nuts & broccoli.
- Season with salt & pepper & cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat . (If the sauce gets a little dry, add a little splash of water to thin the sauce slightly)
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in the water that you cooked the broccoli in. Add more water if needed to ensure pasta is cooked properly.
- When Al dente, drain the pasta & mix into the sauce.
- Serve with sprinkles of Parmesan. Enjoy!