Having a full time job, means having to work the odd late night as I’m sure many of you can sympathise with. It can be so tempted to pay a visit to the local take out or buy a supermarket pizza on the way home. Easy! But, I always end up feeling unsatisfied and mega thirsty from the amount of salt consumed. Eating a good healthy meal, doesn’t mean you have to spend hours in the kitchen or needing special equipment. This recipe of baked fish is super easy, quick and will put a little smile on your face.
Ingredients (serves 2 people)
- 250g Maris Piper potato, peeled and cut into thick slices.
- Extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 150g pomodorini tomatoes, halved
- 100g black pitted olives, halved
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 1 tbsp dry thyme
- 200-250g white fish fillets (cod, seabass, hake, turbot)
- 150ml white wine
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- Cook sliced potatoes in salted boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Drain and dress the potato slices with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the red onion, tomatoes, olives, capers and thyme. Drizzle with a little more olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- In a well oiled baking tray, arrange the potato slices and tomato mix. Season the fish with salt and place on top of the vegetables.
- Pour the white wine over the fish.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately