‘This is my favourite dish’ says the boy I like, while he finishes his second plate of pasta. This Ragu is a great boy pasta dish or those who love a traditionally meaty sauce. If you want to try & impress someone & not slave over the kitchen stove for hours, this is the one!
500g Mafaldine or Tagliatelle or Fettuccine Pasta
500g Sausage meat
125g Pancetta, cubed
1 garlic clove
1 glass of red wine
200ml double cream or panna (Italian cooking cream)
200g Parmesan, grated
Mix Italian herbs
Salt & Pepper
- Fry the garlic & onion in the olive oil
- Add the chilli flakes & mixed herbs. Stir
- Add the Sausage meat & pancetta; brown.
- Pour in the wine, raise the heat & cook until evaporated
- Add the Passata, season with salt & pepper, lower the heat
- Cover and cook for at least 30-40 mins.
- 5 minutes before finishing cooking, add the cream & Parmesan.
- Cook the pasta, drain & stir into the sauce.