This recipe traditionally from Valle d’Aosta is a beautiful & quick recipe involving a simple fillet of trout. Recipes like this just make cooking fish at home easy. No drama!
Ingredients (serve 4 people)
4 fillets of trouts
50g Unsalted Butter
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1 bottle red wine
Salt & Pepper
- Pre heat the oven 180c
- Melt the butter in a cast iron pot and add the onion, carrot & herbs.
- Cook until the onions have sweated & add the trout.
- Season with Salt. & Pepper.
- When the fish begins to brown, pour in the wine.
- On a high heat, cook for 5 minutes.
- Then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with potatoes or polenta