It was snowing so hard this weekend, that when it came to Sunday lunch today, there was no way in hell I was leaving my flat to eat out or go food shopping. So, i had look in my fridge and cupboard and rustled up this little number.
Ingredients 3-4 people
1 white onion, finely chopped
100g Asparugus tips, cut in half
1 medium sized courgette, sliced
Glass of white wine
3-4 slices of Parma Ham
80g Grated Parmesan
1 litre of chicken stock
- In a large deep frying pan, add some olive oil and add the chopped onion.
- When the onions have softened, add the white wine and cook for a few minutes.
- Then add the asparugus courgette and rice and make sure that everything is well coated with the juices
- The add a few ladles of chicken stock to cover the rice and stir. Continue to add stock in intervals as the rice absorbs it
Tiny Italian Hint: Keep stirring the rice at all time, DO NOT stop stirring if poss, until rice is cooked. Helps give a creamy texture
- After 15 minutes, the rice should be cooked, but still with a good bite. Take pan off the heat and add the butter and half of the grated Parmesan and stir.
- Serve up on a plate, add chopped Parma Ham and grated Parmesan.